KENILWORTH RACING PROPRIETARY LIMITED TRADING AS "CAPE RACING" (REGISTRATION NO.: 2011/008903/07) ("THE COMPANY") IS THE OWNER AND OPERATOR OF THESE PREMISES.
By entering or attempting to enter the Premises, you (and any persons under the age of 18 accompanying you) will enter into a contract with the Company on:
- these terms and conditions, including any related signage at the Premises setting out prohibited items or activities; and
- the further terms and conditions set out in ANY TICKET issued to you in relation to any event at any of the venues or facilities within the Premises; and
THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY ANY PERSON ENTRY INTO OR EJECT ANY PERSON FROM THE PREMISES FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING IF SUCH PERSON CHOOSES NOT TO CONSENT TO ANY REASONABLE SEARCH REQUIREMENTS.
We reserve the right to search you and your belongings at any time whilst you are on the Premises. If you refuse a request to search you or your belongings, we might require you to leave the Premises.
Entry into any specific venue or facility within the Premises is regulated by separate terms and conditions of entry and use (in addition to these Terms and Conditions).
Events or functions hosted by third-party organisers are regulated by separate terms and conditions of entry and use (in addition to these Terms and Conditions).
The following Conditions apply to all Attendees:-
BADGES, ACCREDITATIONS AND OTHER ENTITLEMENTS TO ENTER THE RACECOURSE
Badges, Accreditations, tickets and other entitlements (each a “Ticket” for the purposes of these Conditions) to enter the Premises shall only be purchased or allocated by an authorised source approved by the Company.
The Company reserves the right to cancel bookings which we reasonably suspect to have been made fraudulently.
Attendees must ensure that badges or other accreditations are securely attached to their clothing, bags or body on race days and visible at all times whilst present at the Premises.
Permission to enter the Premises does not constitute guaranteed entry to the Premises, any particular area of the Premises or any building or facilities on the Premises. We reserve the right to refuse or condition access to areas of the Premises from time to time and on a temporary or permanent basis.
Children aged under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult (over 18). You are responsible for each child that you bring onto the Premises and shall ensure each child complies with these Conditions.
CONDUCT OF ATTENDEES
We reserve the right in our absolute discretion at any time without prior notice to refuse admission to or expel and/or ban any Attendee who, in our opinion: a. has breached or is likely to breach these Conditions or any applicable legal requirements as described above; b. has or is likely to commit a criminal offence or otherwise do anything which is unlawful; c. behaves or is likely to behave in an unacceptable or unruly manner or in a manner likely to cause offence to other Attendees; and/or d. is abusive in any form towards the staff of the Company. Any ban we may impose may, at our discretion, relate to the Premises and/or any other The Company Premises. Banning may be temporary or permanent.
Everyone attending the Premises has a duty to other Attendees, Cape Racing staff and contractors. It is your responsibility to ensure that any guests you have invited to any event at the Premises act responsibly and in accordance with any applicable rules or law.
In the interests of safety, or to check for items you are prohibited from bringing onto the Premises, we may request to conduct personal body searches of Attendees and/or search their personal belongings, including vehicles. We shall be entitled to refuse entry to or expel from the Premises any Attendee who refuses to comply with such a request.
Prohibited Items and Behaviour:
- You agree to abide by and follow any lawful instruction or request given or made to you by the Company or its representatives while on the Premises.
- You will act and behave in a responsible, sensible and safe manner at all times.
- The following restrictions apply to all persons (including you) regarding the entry and use of the Premises:
- No overly intoxicated individuals are allowed on the Premises.
- No person is allowed to bring their own alcohol on to the Premises.
- No illegal substances (including any drugs) are allowed to be brought on to or used on the Premises.
- No illegal, immoral or indecent activities are permitted on the Premises.
- No smoking or vaping (or use of any device for smoking or vaping) is allowed in no-smoking areas.
- No persons under the age of 18 are allowed to buy or consume alcohol on the Premises.
- No persons under the age of 18 are allowed to gamble on the Premises.
- No fighting, or physical or verbal threats of or incitement to violence or discrimination of any kind are allowed on the Premises.
- No religious or political gatherings or events are allowed on the Premises.
- No firearms or dangerous weapons are allowed on the Premises.
- No pyrotechnics, flares, or fireworks are allowed.
- No handheld laser devices.
- No flags, banners or other devises that may distract or frighten horses.
- No glass or ceramic bottles, containers or cans.
- No unauthorised professional filming or photographic equipment.
- No unauthorised small, unmanned aircraft, drones or aerial systems.
- No behaviour which may disrupt or impair the experience of other Attendees.
- No climbing fences, stands or any other structures or buildings.
- No item which may be used for any marketing or promotional activity whatsoever, unless expressly authorised by the Company in writing.
- No dogs are allowed unless in use for disabled assistance.
From time to time, we may close racetrack crossings for safety reasons. Attendees are prohibited from attempting to cross any closed crossing or attempting to cross the racetrack other than at an open crossing.
IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE COMPANY MAY BAN YOU FROM ENTERING THE PREMISES IN FUTURE FOR ANY PURPOSE.
These rights are in addition to and do not limit any other rights that the Company may have in this regard.
PARADE RING AND CAPE TURF CLUB RULES
Cape Racing endeavours to uphold the highest standards of service in all our offerings. As such, we encourage patrons of the Cape Turf Club and our Parade Rings to abide by a few rules to uphold the prestigious nature of our sport.
- Cape Turf Club Owner of Guest badges required.
- All guests must be accompanied by an Owner.
- No children 12 years and younger are permitted in the Parade Ring.
- Appropriate Parade Ring attire is required.
- Collared shirts are requested and preferred.
- T-shirts and golf shirts should be accompanied with a jacket or blazer.
- No flip flops or sandals for gentlemen.
- Food and beverage not permitted within the Parade Ring.
MEDIA COVERAGE AND RECORDING FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES
All Attendees (which for the purpose of this Condition includes horses and Attendees with children) are reminded that many races and fixtures are given coverage on television, radio, in print and various other forms of media. By entering the Premises you accept (for yourself and on behalf of any horse or children in your care) that you/they may appear in such coverage, which may also include printed or electronic material used to promote the Company.
Accordingly, you shall have no right to object to, or demand any payment in respect of, you, your horse’s or your children’s inclusion in any such coverage, whether produced by the Company or by third parties authorised by the Company.
Furthermore, by entering the Premises you consent (for yourself and on behalf of any children in your care) to the passing of still or moving images of you/them to third parties authorised by the Company for the purposes of the production of printed or electronic material to be used solely for the promotion of the Company.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU ENTER AND USE THE PREMISES ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You also accept and take on all risks linked to or arising from the use and parking of any vehicles which you use as transport to or from the Premises. This also includes, but is not limited to, where these vehicles are parked anywhere within the Premises, in surrounding areas, on private property, on the street or in public spaces.
The Company, (its shareholders, directors, officials, agents, representatives and/or employees) will not be liable or held responsible to you or anybody else for any claims for loss, injury, death or damage of whatever nature (whether in contract, delict or otherwise) and however arising (excluding gross negligence on the part of any of the Company or its directors, officials, agents, representatives and/or employees) suffered or incurred by you at the Premises.
You waive any such claims, including (without limitation) from or in connection with any of the following, namely:
- any event held at the Premises, including the cancellation or postponement of any event at the Premises;
- damage to, or theft or loss of any kind of any property (including any vehicle) at the Premises;
- death or personal injury at the Premises;
- the actions or omissions of any person at the Premises;
- where the Company exercises any of its rights in the Terms and Conditions.
You indemnify the Company, its shareholders, directors, officials, agents, representatives and employees against any claims for any loss, injury or damage of whatever nature arising from or in connection with any of the matters set out immediately above.